New Collective Agreement Signed by the KRG and the CSN Union
The Kativik Regional Government (KRG) participated today in a signing ceremony of the new collective agreement negotiated with the local CSN Union, representing KRG general staff and KRG Transportations staff. The new agreements become effective immediately.
“On behalf of our organization’s elected representatives and senior managers, I would like to thank everyone for their patience during the negotiation process,” stated KRG Chairperson Jennifer Munick. “This positive outcome recognizes the important role played by our dedicated staff in the delivery of so many essential programs and services to Nunavimmiut. I look forward to continuing the KRG’s important work together.”
The new collective agreements provide for a number of improvements in employee working conditions. Highlights include:
• annual salary increases totally nine point five (9.5) percent over the life of the agreement;
• increased vacation and leave provisions;
• significant increases in the travel reimbursement provisions;
• new flexibility in the use of Annual Leave trips;
• introduction of a new progressive retirement that will allow employees to reduce work hours as they ease into retirement
The new collective agreements will be in effect until the end of 2019.