TEMPORARY POSITION - UNTIL DECEMBER 20, 2013 (35 HOURS / WEEKLY)
APPLY BEFORE: JANUARY 24, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Communication Coordinator, the Public Information Officer will gather information regarding KRG department’s internal and public activities and events, share the information with KRG’s employees and/or the general public and lend assistance to departments for their public relations needs.
- Gathering information from departments related to their activities and projects;
- Assisting in the preparation of documents to be included in the annual report;
- Maintaining and updating the KRG photo database ;
- Planning and coordinating and transmitting information in regards to social events such as Employee day, Employee recognition, Xmas party, etc;
- Assisting with the arrangements of KRG visitors and media coverage of events;
- Assisting in maintaining the KRG web sites (KRG.ca, Intranet and Nunavik.ca)
- Assisting departments with their printing, layout and public relations needs;
- Carrying out any other tasks as delegated by the Supervisor.
- Having a vocational diploma in Communication, although relevant work experience will also be considered;
- Possessing a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in public relations, public administrations, mass communications;
- Being fluent (spoken and written) in two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English, French;
- Must be willing to travel;
- Being familiar with various software packages and office equipment.
- Being detail-oriented, structured, well organized and able to work under pressure;
- Having very good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Possessing excellent interpersonal skills.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Min: $31,347 yearly – Max: $52,767 yearly (E7)
Other benefits: Cost of living differential, food allowance, annual leave trips, Collective insurance, RRSP, etc.
Please send your résumé before 5:00 p.m., January 24, 2013 to:
Human Resources Advisor
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq, Québec JOM 1CO
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the collective agreement for the CSN unionized employees, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only selected candidates for interviews will receive a written response.