APPLY BEFORE: FEBRUARY 8, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Under the supervision of the Communication Coordinator, the Translator (English-Inuktitut) is responsible for, amongst other, the following duties:
- translating (English-Inuktitut) and revising legal, administrative, technical texts, etc.;
- doing terminological research;
- answering questions concerning the Inuktitut language, proofread on need basis, Inuktitut material translated by others;
- perform any other tasks as requested by the Supervisor.
- possess a vocational diploma in translation studies or relevant work experience may compensate for the lack of diploma;
- have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience and possess Inuktitut typing skills;
- have working knowledge of Inuktitut, English and/or French;
- be organized, reliable and able to deal with confidentially of information;
- have a solid, practical computer skills and be familiar with various software various software packages and office equipment (i.e. Word, etc.).
Place of work:Kuujjuaq
Salary: Min: $31,347 yearly – Max: $52,767 yearly (E7)
Other benefits:Cost of living differential, food allowance, annual leave trips, Collective insurance, RRSP, etc.
Please send your résumé before 5:00 p.m., February 8, 2013 to:
Human Resources Advisor
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq, Québec JOM 1CO
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the collective agreement for the CSN unionized employees, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only selected candidates for interviews will receive a written response.