APPLY BEFORE: FEBRUARY 10, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Director General, the Treasurer manages the Kativik Regional Government's centralized financial service.
- Oversee the KRG’s overall budget as well as all related accounting, financing and reporting processes;
- Ensure the sound financial management of the organization;
- Develop, implement and maintain adequate internal control mechanisms;
- Participate in the negotiation of all of the KRG’s agreements and see to the analysis and advise on all financial aspects and impacts;
- Develop and implement budgetary policies and procedures;
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly budget variance reports;
- Negotiate loans with banking institutions;
- Prepare financial reports on the evolution of agreements, programs or services;
- Prepare cash flow projections;
- Monitor municipal infrastructure project funding;
- Prepare and analyze monthly and annual financial results;
- Oversee the accounting system;
- Prepare for year-end audits;
- Participate in negotiations and meetings related to accounting files;
- Supervise the preparation of various reports;
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or administration;
- Member in good standing of the professional corporation CPA;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in accounting and general finances, especially in budgetary control and personnel management also, some experience in municipal accounting is an asset;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English and French (Knowledge of Inuttitut is an asset.);
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite and Sage ERP Accpac software.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Based on the Management salary scale
Other benefits: Cost of living differential, food allowance, annual leave trips, collective insurance, RRSP, etc.
Please submit your résumé before 5:00 p.m. February 10, 2013 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq (Québec) J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.