TEMPORARY, SIX MONTHS MAY-OCTOBER
APPLY BEFORE: MARCH 4, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to director of the municipal publics works department the civil engineering construction supervisor’s duties and responsibilities will include, without being limited to:
- Realize the works following the plans and specifications and the guidelines of the project manager;
- Assist the Northern Villages in the project, maintenance and operation planning of the heavy equipment;
- In collaboration with the municipal manager organize the daily work;
- Provide to the project manager daily reports of the progress and quality of works;
- Report any problems to the projects manager and propose practical solutions;
- Do other related duties as requested by the project manager or the department director.
The selected candidate must:
- Have five (5) years of relevant experience achievement in the civil engineering works (construction of roads, construction of ponds, improvement of dumpsite, etc);
- Experience with surveying equipment (level, laser, total station);
- Ability to read plans and specification;
- Ability to operate heavy equipment;
- Write and speak at least two of the following languages: Inuttitut, English or French (working knowledge of Inuttitut is a definite asset);
- Be reliable, autonomous and possess a great sense of initiative;
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Work experience North of 55th parallel is a definite asset.
Place of work: Each selected candidate will be based in one of Nunavik’s 14 communities for the duration of his contract and must be willing to travel throughout the region.
Salary: Min. $35,808 - Max. $60,899 a year (Class 8)
Other benefits: Lodging and boarding when traveling in other communities paid by the Employer, meal and incidental expenses, group insurance, etc.
Please forward your resume before 5 P.M., March 4, 2013 to the following address:
Human Resources Advisor
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq, Quebec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.