TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME MATERNITY REPLACEMENT
APPLY BEFORE: MARCH 4 2013, 5:00 P.M.
The Sustainable Employment Department of the Kativik Regional Government (KRG) has the mandate to manage the last resort assistance programs and services and to make them available to Nunavik residents. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Socio-economic Agent will assist clients and help complete applications for last resort financial assistance, analyze the applications and documents provided and decide on the eligibility for financial assistance in accordance to the Act and regulations in force at the Ministère de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale (MESS).
- Provide last resort financial assistance program service for the communities of Nunavik;
- Provide information to clients regarding their rights and obligations;
- Meet the clients and review with them their application for last resort financial assistance;
- Assist the clients with their application when needed and fill out all necessary documents;
- Request documents needed to establish the eligibility of the clients for last resort financial assistance;
- Analyze applications and documents provided (including applications from others villages);
- Enter data on MESS computer system;
- Determine the program the clients qualify for, the amount payable to clients and allow the payment;
- Meet with the clients on a regular basis in order to do a follow up on their files (increase, reduce, cancel the financial assistance according to the evolution of the client’s situation);
- Assist and support the LEOs in their duties and update them with client’s file and decision taken;
- Respond to requests from clients in difficult situations or expressing discontents;
- Perform other related duties, as required, by the Supervisor.
- Secondary V diploma (relevant work experience in administrative office duties will also be considered);
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in office work;
- Costumer service experience and ability to apply regulations;
- Familiar with office equipment and various software packages including Microsoft Suite;
- Strong oral communication skills;
- Ability to transfer knowledge and explain technical details to others;
- Be detail-oriented and structured;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team and able to work under pressure;
- Demonstrate sound work ethics;
- Fluent (spoken and written) in Inuttitut and French (knowledge of English will be a valuable asset);
- Available to travel in the community when necessary.
The candidate must be willing to complete a minimum of six (6) months on-the-job-training.
Place of work: Inukjuak, Quebec
Salary: Min. $29 578 - Max. $48 990 a year (Class 6)
Other benefits:Cost of living differential, food allowance, annual leave trips, group insurance, RRSP, etc.
Please send your resume before 5 p.m., March 4, 2013 to :
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq Quebec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.