APPLY BEFORE: MARCH 4, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Under the supervision of the Recreation Department Director, the chosen candidate will be responsible for:
- Assist Local Recreation Coordinators in development and implement of new and existing recreation programs;
- Assess equipment and infrastructure requirements for recreation in the village with the local recreation coordinator;
- Assist in the development of local Recreation Strategies in collaboration with the Local Recreation Coordinator;
- Act as a liaison between Recreation Department and the Local Recreation Coordinators;
- Help in the development and implementation of training and recreation programs in the villages;
- Assist in local, regional, provincial, national, and internationals events as required;
- Work with Northern Villages Recreation Departments, Youth House Coordinators, Recreation and Youth Committees and Schools to synchronize and publicize local recreation activities;
- Assist Northern Villages in obtaining necessary funding for recreation programs;
- Work within the Arctic Winter Games structure:
- Developing training plans for youth involved in the various programs;
- Following up on the progression of their skills with the athletes;
- Assist in monitoring youth behaviors at school and in the community;
- Coordinate training programs for coaches, volunteers, and officials;
- Participate in preparation of the athletes and team prior to and during the games.
- Perform other related duties, as required, by the Supervisor.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Have good oral and written communication skills of at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French;
- Be a university graduate in the field of recreation or related discipline; relevant experience will be considered;
- Be reliable and autonomous;
- Be of good moral character and not have a criminal record;
- Traveling throughout the villages will be required therefore must be able to adapt quickly to new surroundings.
Place of work: Any Nunavik community
Salary: Minimum : $35 808; maximum: $60 899 (Class 8)
Benefits*: Cost of living differential: Minimum of $7 477/year,
food allowance: Minimum of $2 035/year
Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
RRSP: 6% employer, 4% employee
Vacation: 20 days/year
Statutory Holidays: 18 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your résumé before March 4, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Kativik Regional Government
Human Resources Advisor
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq, Quebec, J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the Northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.