APPLY BEFORE: MARCH 7, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
- Under the supervision of the Renewable Resources Department Director the HSP Regional Coordinator will perform the following tasks:
- Ensure liaison and communication with the Secretary Treasurers and the HSP Community Coordinators;
- Travel to each community on an annual basis to review and report on community program activities and administration;
- Ensure the organization of projects to promote safety for harvesters;
- Ensure technical assistance is provided for HSP community boat maintenance, and the community freezer program;
- As required, be responsible for the realization of HSP regional projects and provide technical assistance to the community programs for their projects as set out in the yearly objectives;
- Supervise the work of the HSP Regional Agent.
The selected candidate must have:
- Completion of a Secondary V diploma or relevant experience;
- At least eight years of project or program administration;
- Demonstrated ability in operation and maintenance of harvesting equipment
- Communication skills both written and oral in Inuttitut;
- Willing to travel frequently within Nunavik.
Place of work: Nunavik
Salary: to be determined
Other benefits: cost of living differential, food allowance, annual leave trips, RRSP, etc.
Please submit your résumé before 5:00 p.m. March 7, 2013 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq Quebec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.