APPLY BEFORE: MARCH 6, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the selected candidate is responsible for, among other things:
- Performing all regular tasks related to a complete accounting cycle; (bank reconciliation, journal entries, account receivable and account payable);
- Preparing monthly account analysis;
- Assisting in the preparation of the year-end audit;
- Follow-up on financial information requests;
- Perform other related duties, as required, by his supervisors.
- College diploma in accounting or finance (relevant work experience will also be considered);
- Have at least five (5) years of experience with bookkeeping or accounts receivable and payable;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in two of the following languages: English, French and Inuktitut (being trilingual will be considered an asset);
- Have solid background in computer accounting (Excel and Accpac);
- Possess a sound understanding of accounting principles and practices.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Min. $35 808 yearly – Max. $60 899 a year (Class 8)
- Cost-of-living differential: minimum $7,477 annually.
- Food allowance: minimum $2,035 annually.
- Annual leave allowance: minimum 3.
- Retirement plan: 6% employer; 4% employee.
- Group insurance.
- Vacation: 20 days annually.
- Statutory holidays: 18 days including 10 during the Christmas period
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m., March 6, 2013 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq Quebec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.