APPLY BEFORE: MARCH 6, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Under the supervision of the Procurement Coordinator in the Administration Department, the buyer has responsibility for, without being limited to, the following duties:
- Execute purchases on a daily basis as per requests received from the different services;
- Issue purchase orders to suppliers and transmit information to internal clients;
- Follow up on purchase orders, confirm expected receiving date and transmit information to clients;
- Proceed in the preparation of tenders, public or by invitation;
- Seek for best cost-efficiency for all goods and services purchased at KRG and produce quotation analysis;
- Search for different suppliers for KRG projects and needs and maintain a sufficient supplier database;
- Maintain KRG purchasing records, supplier catalogues and supplier database;
- Participate in the logistic of all operations related to sealift orders;
- Submit bi-annual air-cargo shipping reports;
- Participate in the revision and implementation of procurement policy and procedures;
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with suppliers;
- Work in close relationship with all KRG’ Departments;
- Carry out any related tasks as requested.
The selected candidate must:
- Possess a college degree in administration or vocational diploma in procurement or administration (equivalent relevant work experience and education will be considered);
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in procurement (purchasing, inventory control, etc);
- Knowledge of purchasing, supply management and contracts concepts, procurement practices and procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a positive attitude and a strong customer service focus;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel) and procurement systems and database. Knowledge of ACCPAC is a definite asset;
- Capacity of establishing priorities and be solution oriented;
- Be detailed-oriented, structured and able to work under pressure during peak periods;
- Be bilingual : Inuktitut-English, Inuktitut-French; English-French;
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Min. $29,578 a year, Max. $48,990 a year (E-6)
Benefits*: Cost of living differential: Minimum of $7 477/year
Food allowance: Minimum of $2 035/year
Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
RRSP: 6% employer, 4% employee
Vacation: 20 days
Statutory Holidays: 18 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m., March 6, 2013 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq, Québec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the Northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.