APPLY BEFORE: MARCH 8, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Under the supervision of the Assistant-Director – Information Technology section, the system administrator is responsible for, without being limited to, the following responsibilities:
The systems administrator’s major responsibilities are to implement, support and maintain KRG IT systems infrastructure. Included in these responsibilities are: management, reliability and security of production servers, network equipment and telephony. In addition, the System Administrator will also take a role in any systems integration projects currently planned or underway.
§ Ensure production server availability.
§ Ensure proper data backups of all servers (backup schedule, data recovery and testing).
§ Ensure adequate access and security measures over all systems including OS updates and antivirus.
§ Ensure local and WAN network availability.
§ Manage Firewall and Network infrastructure.
§ Mentor support staff, providing guidance on their daily activities.
§ Play a leading role in the implementation of new system following the project management concept.
§ Ensure proper documentation of all systems related activities. Windows Server, SQL Server, Exchange…
§ Planning, documentation and maintenance of the disaster recovery plan (hardware & data recovery)
§ Play an active role in creation, implementation and revision of IT policies and guidelines.
§ Assist the Assistant-director with supervision of IT support staff
§ Advise the Assistant-director on infrastructure changes and future requirements.
§ College level diploma in computer technology
§ 5 years of experience as Windows Servers, Exchange and Cisco equipment
§ vmware certified Professional (VCP).
§ Cisco CCNA
§ Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE).
§ Experience with team leadership and project management will be an asset.
- In depth knowledge of vmware ESXi 5 and vsphere 5.
- In depth knowledge of Cisco IOS and Cisco NX-OS.
- In depth knowledge of Dell SAN storage.
- In depth knowledge of SQL server database management.
- In depth knowledge of Windows 2008 R2 servers.
- In depth knowledge of DHCP/DNS services and TCP/IP.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory,
- In depth knowledge of MS Exchange 2010.
- In depth knowledge of Citrix XenApp.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical capacity.
- Resourceful when troubleshooting.
- Team leadership
- Ability to transfer his/her knowledge to others.
- Strong focus on customer service oriented personality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be bilingual (Inuttitut-English, Inuttitut-French or English-French);
- Must be available to occasionally work overtime, outside office hours and be available on-call.
- Must be available to travel in Nunavik communities on occasion.
Place of work:Kuujjuaq
Salary: Min: $40,989 yearly - Max: $70,168 yearly (E – 9)
Other benefits: ost of living differential, annual leave trips, food allowance, RRSP, group insurance, etc.
Please send your résumé in English and cover letter before 5:00 p.m., on March 8, 2013, to:
Human Resources Advisor
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box: 9
Kuujjuaq (Que.) J0M 1C0
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only selected candidates for interviews will receive a written response.