APPLY BEFORE: MARCH 8, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Under the supervision of the Civil Security Coordinator, the selected candidate is responsible for:
- Providing technical assistance and training in the Northern villages in matters concerning Civil Security, including the areas of Fire prevention, Fire fighting and Emergency measures;
- Performing all other duties as requested by the Coordinator.
The selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Secondary V Diploma, relevant work experience will also be considered;
- Certificate of Firefighter 1 from the École Nationale des Pompiers du Québec or in the process of obtaining said certification or willing to enroll in the certification process upon hiring;
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience in fire protection equipment, fire fighting, emergency measures or in another relevant field;
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite;
- Communicate verbally and in writing in at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English or French;
- Autonomy and strong communication skills;
- Availability to travel frequently in the Nunavik region;
Place of work:Hudson Coast
Salary: Minimum $35 808 yearly; maximum $60 899 yearly (Class 8)
Other benefits: Cost of living differential, annual leave trips, food allowance, RRSP, group insurance, etc.
Please send your resume before March 8, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Human Resources Advisor
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq, Quebec. J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
Only selected candidates for interviews will receive a written response.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the KRG collective agreement with its CSN unionized employees, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.