APPLY BEFORE: MARCH 8, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of the KRG Transportation Department, the mechanic's duties and responsibilities include, without being limited to:
- Repair the heavy equipment and light-duty vehicles of the KRG. Performing related preventive maintenance;
- Develop and implementing a preventive maintenance program;
- Compile a list of spare parts necessary for the maintenance and repair of heavy equipment and light-duty vehicles so that orders can be filled once a year or as required;
- Maintain an up-to-date parts and tool inventory for airport and police vehicles and equipment in every community;
- Perform other related duties, as required, by the Supervisor.
The selected candidate must:
- Possess a certificate of professional studies (DEP) in heavy equipment and light-duty vehicle mechanics. Relevant work experience will also be considered;
- Possess a valid qualification certificate in heavy equipment and light-duty vehicle mechanics;
- Have five to eight years of relevant work experience including heavy equipment (diesel) repair and light-duty vehicle mechanics;
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs;
- Be able to write and speak at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English or French; a working knowledge of Inuktitut is a definite asset;
- Be reliable, autonomous, possess a great sense of initiative, and be willing to travel frequently by airplane to different communities in Nunavik.
Work experience north of 55th parallel is a definite asset.
Work schedule and place of work: the selected candidate will work on a rotation schedule of six weeks work in the northern villages followed by three weeks paid leave (52.5 hours weekly);
Salary: Min.: $31 347/year – Max.: $52 767/year (class 7)
- Lodging and boarding when traveling in other communities paid by the Employer, meal and incidental expenses (up to a maximum of $455 per week while traveling in Nunavik);
- RRSP : 6% employer; 4% employee;
- Group Insurance;
- Vacations : 20 days;
Statutory Holidays: 18 days
Please forward your résumé before 5 p.m., March 8, 2013, to the following address:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9,
Kuujjuaq QC J0M 1C0
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.