TEMPORARY - FULL-TIME POSITION (Maternity leave replacement)
APPLY BEFORE: MARCH 28, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of the Renewable Resources Department, the Parks Resources Specialist will:
- Prepare plans for studies and inventories in the areas reserved for parks in Nunavik;
- Coordinate and assist in administration and follow-up of scientific studies required for the completion and validation of the Status Report;
- Be responsible for the completion of the status reports for the proposed parks in Nunavik including drafting, reviewing, analysis, final editing, publishing and communications;
- Work in collaboration with MDDEP representatives for the realization of the Provisional and Final Master Plans, the public consultations and planning;
- Contribute to the completion of impact studies for parks projects;
- Participate in meetings of the Parks Working Groups and the Harmonization Committee prior to the opening of a park;
- Actively participate in the planning and studies for parks infrastructures prior to their opening;
- As required, provide expertise to the Liaison Committee and park projects;
- Assist in the communications with the Park Liaison Officers or other employees recruited prior to the opening of the parks.
The selected candidate must:
- Possess a Master´s degree in geography or biology or a Bachelor’s degree in land use planning with relevant experience;
- Possess good research, analysis, synthesis and writing skills and solid team-work experience;
- Languages spoken and written: fluency in at least two of the following languages Inuktitut, French, English;
- Possess good working knowledge of common computer systems within a Macintosh environment (word processor, spreadsheet, database, etc.) and basic knowledge of geographic information systems;
- Ability to analyze and interpret maps, aerial photographs and satellite images;
- Be available to travel frequently in Nunavik.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Minimum $43 476/year; Maximum $74 597/year (E10)
Other benefits: Cost of living differential, food allowance, annual leave trips, collective insurance, RRSP, etc.
Please submit your résumé before 5:00 p.m. March 28, 2012 to:
Human Resources Department
Kativik Regional Government
Kuujjuaq (Quebec) J0M 1C0
FAX: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the Northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.