APPLY BEFORE: MARCH 31, 2013, 5:00 P.M
Reporting to the director of the Sustainable Employment Department, the selected candidate assists the department director with the strategic and operational management of the department. The selected candidate in particular has the following duties:
- Plan, organize, manage and monitor all the operations of the Programs Section.
- Evaluate sustainable employment needs throughout Nunavik.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of sustainable employment development strategies.
- Provide supervision and support for staff under his/her responsibility.
- Participate in the planning, deployment and management of the financial resources of the Programs Section, including budget preparation and monitoring.
- Manage the human, financial and physical resources under his/her responsibility, according to sustainable employment program objectives.
- Participate in the negotiation and implementation of agreements with, and related reporting activities for, the federal and provincial governments concerning sustainable employment programs.
- Develop and maintain working relations with various partners.
- Prepare reports as requested by management and pursuant to various agreements.
- Represent the KRG in files concerning sustainable employment programs.
- Participate in various internal and external committees on issues related to sustainable employment.
- Report to the department director on files concerning sustainable employment programs.
- Perform any other duties requested by the department director.
- Possess a university degree in Public Administration or a related field.
- Possess at least five years of relevant work experience. Experience with sustainable employment programs will be considered an asset.
- Have experience with budget preparation and monitoring.
- Have experience with staff management.
- Possess practical knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-resolution skills.
- Be able to communicate orally and in writing in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French.
- Be available to travel frequently.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq, Québec
Salary: According to the salary scale in effect for managers.
- Cost-of-living differential: minimum of $7,780 annually.
- Food allowance: minimum of $2,035 annually.
- Annual leave trips: minimum of three.
- Retirement plan: 7.5% paid by the employer.
- Group insurance plan.
- Vacation: 30 days annually.
- Statutory holidays: 18 days including 10 days during the Christmas period.
Please submit your résumé in English before 5:00 p.m., on March 31, 2013, to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq QC J0M 1C0
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.