APPLY BEFORE: APRIL 12, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Childcare Assistant Director, the Regional childcare counsellor will assist the childcare centers by providing professional and technical support and advice to the board of directors and staff of the centers.
- Provide information to the childcare center’s board of directors concerning programs, law and regulations and financing of a childcare center;
- Provide training to the members of a board of directors related to their function, responsibilities, installation and operation;
- Support and provide information to the board of directors with the development of personal management policies, programs of activities, financial management programs and policies concerning general center management;
- Assist in the completion of forms and documents related to the legal status of the childcare center, the funding and the permit requirements;
- Provide information and assistance to the childcare center’s board of directors for the ordering of the necessary equipment and material for the day care;
- Assist and provide information to the childcare center’s board concerning the construction of the building, their installation and operation;
- Support and provide information concerning staff management and participate in the development of courses for the educators;
- Perform other related duties, as required, by the Department Director.
- College diploma in the field of childcare development and operation (relevant work experience will also be considered);
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with the operations of childcare centers including law, regulations, attribution of grants, financial assistance etc,;
- Strong knowledge of child development theories and practices, safe and appropriate activities for preschool aged children;
- Ability to transfer knowledge and explain technical details to others;
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Strong customer service oriented personality;
- Good knowledge of northern and Inuit environment is an asset;
- Familiar with various software packages including Microsoft Suite;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in two (2) of the following languages: English, French and Inuttitut (being trilingual will be considered an asset);
- Available to travel frequently.
Place of work: Kuujjuak, Quebec
Salary: Min. $37,813 - Max. $64,310 a year (Class 8)
- Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8 012/year
- Food allowance: Minimum of $1 702/year
- Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
- RRSP: 6% employer, 4% employee
- Group Insurance
- Vacation: 20 days/year
- Statutory Holidays: 18 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m., April 12, 2013 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq (Quebec) J0M 1C0
FAX: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the Northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.