APPLY BEFORE: APRIL 29, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Under the supervision of the Director of the Renewable Resources, Environmental and Land Use Planning Department, the Assistant Director, Lands and Environment will, as set out in the KRG mandates and yearly objectives, supervise the employees responsible for parks planning, land use and environment programs within Nunavik. Specific duties shall include, but not be limited to:
- Plan, supervise and coordinate the activities of program and project staff;
- Ensure the realization of studies, research, fieldwork, consultations, and the preparation of proposals and reports for the development of parks in Nunavik;
- Ensure the delivery of technical assistance to the Northern Villages to meet their land use planning needs;
- Ensure the implementation of the Regional Master Plan and other related plans for land use in the region, including updates as required;
- Ensure the carrying out of studies, consultations and the implementation of a protected areas network in Nunavik.
- Ensure the provision of technical assistance to the Northern Villages within the environment mandate;
- Ensure the realization of regional environmental mandates including research, studies, consultations, inspections, mitigations and remedial measures;
- Responsible for the planning, deployment and management of financial resources, including budget preparation and reporting;
- Ensure the implementation of program funding agreements including report preparation;
- Formulate priorities, schedules and work plans, realizing both short and long-term program objectives;
- Liaise, as required, with the Assistant Directors, Parks Operations and Renewable Resources;
- Establish effective internal and external communications, including contacts with partners involved in parks development, land use planning, protected areas and the environment in Nunavik;
- Perform other related duties, as required, by the Department Director.
The selected candidate must:
- Have a university degree in studies applicable to environmental and land use planning field;
- A minimum of five (5) years of management experience including lands and environment-related experience;
- Experience in budget preparation and follow-up;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and communications skills;
- Solid team leadership experience and skills;
- Proficiency of widely-used computer software within a Macintosh environment;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, French or English, trilingual is an asset;
- Experience in a cross-cultural setting is considered an asset.
The selected candidate must be willing to travel frequently in the region.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Based on the Management salary scale
Other benefits: Cost of living differential, annual leave trips, food allowance, RRSP, group insurance, etc.
Please send your resume before 5 o’clock on April 29, 2013 to:
Human Resources Department
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq, Quebec JOM 1CO
Fax: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.