APPLY BEFORE: MAY 1, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Youth Employment Services Coordinator, the Youth Employment Officer will assist in the implementation and operation of a Youth Employment Center.
- Implement training and pre-employment activities and projects for youth in cooperation with other stakeholders;
- Give information pertaining to programs, services, training, and projects specific to youth;
- Assess the socio-professional integration needs of youth in cooperation with the Local Employment Officers ;
- Produce action plans tailored to the specific needs of young adult clients and monitor the implementation of these plan;
- Respond to career-related enquiries and provide personal assistance with job searches, career exploration, resume preparation, cover letters;
- Lead creative workshops in the communities including at schools;
- Assist in the planning, organizing and implementation of communications and other strategies and activities to help ensure the effective delivery of services offered by YES Nunavik;
- Take part in continued training;
- Perform other related duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Secondary V diploma (relevant work experience will also be considered);
- Minimum of 1 year experience in education, social services or public relation (relevant experience may also be considered);
- Basic working knowledge of computer (Microsoft Suite, Facebook);
- Bilingual (Inuktitut-English or Inuktitut-French) and possess good oral and written communication skills;
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative personality and enjoy working with a youth population;
- Able to transfer knowledge to others and explain technical details to youth population in an easy understandable manner;
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Available to travel when necessary.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq, Quebec
Work Schedule: Be available to work variable hours including evenings
Salary: Min. $31,235 - Max. $51,734 a year (Class 6)
- Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8 012/year
- Food allowance: Minimum of $2 035/year
- Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
- RRSP: 6% employer, 4% employee
- Group Insurance
- Vacation: 20 days/year
- Statutory Holidays: 18 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your application before 5:00 p.m., May 1st, 2013:
Human Resources Department
Kativik Regional Government
Kuujjuaq (Quebec) J0M 1C0
FAX: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the Northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.