APPLY BEFORE: MAY 12, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Tamaani Internet is the KRG’s non-profit Internet Service Provider (ISP). It provides satellite based broadband Internet service to Nunavik’s residents, local businesses as well as public organisations.
Under the supervision of the Director of Administration, the Assistant Director – Tamaani Internet Section is responsible for the management of the operations and the development of its Section. The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Plan, organize, implement and monitor all activities related to the management of the Section and its services;
- Manage all administrative, material, financial, technical resources and supervise personnel;
- Keep update and insure strategic technological monitoring;
- Plan and develop long term strategy for increased performance, visibility, market growth and adaptability;
- Provide hands on technical support to the network operations team for complex issues;
- Oversee network architecture design, business processes, capacity planning and disaster recovery plans;
- Develop and implement superior standards in customer services;
- Carry out the implementation of different agreements and provide required reports;
- Act as a representative of the KRG to the federal and provincial governments;
- Develop and maintain good relations and communications with stakeholders;
- Provide regular reports on bandwidth usage, current problems, historical and current trends and areas of traffic congestion;
- Ability to study, evaluate and review various telecommunications systems, networks, equipment and related services;
- Perform other related duties and additional tasks as requested by the Department Director.
- University diploma in a computer science, ideally in network engineering and architecture. Exceptional relevant work experience will also be considered;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in ISP management with solid and practical skills in project management;
- In-depth knowledge of broadband Internet facilities, systems and networks;
- Sound knowledge of various types of telecommunications equipment and services used by municipal, provincial and national government agencies;
- Strong understanding of carrier-grade wide area and satellite networks in general, including specific problems and solutions related to latency, jitter, QoS and other parameters affecting real-time traffic such as video and voice;
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP Networks and advanced LAN/MAN/WAN network design ;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in a multicultural environment (a strong asset);
- Be able to communicate orally and in writing in two of the following languages: English, French and Inuktitut.
Place of employment: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Based on the Management salary scale
- Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8,012/year
- Food allowance: Minimum of $2 035/year
- Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3 trips a year
- RRSP: 7.5% employer’s contribution
- Group Insurance
- Vacation: Minimum of 30 days/year
- Statutory Holidays: 19 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please submit your résumé before 5:00 p.m. May 12, 2013 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq (Québec) J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the Northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.