TEMPORARY - FULL-TIME POSITION (Maternity leave replacement - one-year)
APPLY BEFORE: MAY 12, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Director for Human Resources, the selected candidate is mainly responsible for:
Performing all payroll-related duties for KRG employees:
- verifying the accuracy of time sheets;
- entering information and preparing payroll;
- preparing reports for remittances, contributions, rent and others;
- performing bank deposits;
- balancing payroll;
- performing bank reconciliations.
Verify and keep up to date employee-file information in accordance with employment contracts:
- regarding sick leave, annual vacation leave, overtime and travel time.
- Perform account analyses.
- Assist with the preparation of documentation for year-end financial audits.
- Respond to requests for information.
Perform any other duties required by his Supervisor.
- College studies diploma in accounting or finance. Relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Have at least five years of experience with bookkeeping or accounts receivable and payable, including at least one year in a computerized payroll environment. Knowledge of Insync is an asset.
- Possess a sound understanding of payroll principles and practices.
- Be analytical, attentive to detail and able to work independently.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English or French. Ability to speak all three languages is an asset.
Place of work:Kuujjuaq.
Salary:Minimum: $37,813 annually; maximum: $64,310 annually (class 8).
- Cost-of-living differential: minimum $8,012 annually.
- Food allowance: minimum $2,035 annually.
- Annual-leave allowance: minimum 3.
- Retirement plan: 6% employer; 4% employee.
- Group insurance.
- Vacation: 20 days annually.
- Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 during the Christmas period.
Send your resume before 5:00 p.m. on May 12, 2013, to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq QC J0M 1C0
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.