APPLY BEFORE: MAY 12, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Department Director (Building maintenance section) and working closely with the other employees of the maintenance section, the building technician will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and repairs (carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical systems, furnace and boilers) of all KRG’s buildings in Nunavik, equipment and houses;
- Maintenance and repairs of control systems involved in building automation;
- Assisting in developing a preventive maintenance schedule program for all KRG’s buildings;
- Be able to detect all problems and to repair furnaces and boilers;
- Doing other related duties as requested by his supervisor.
The selected candidate must:
- Possess a post-secondary diploma of one the following: building mechanic, electricity, fuel heating system and control systems;
- Have a good knowledge of maintenance of HVAC systems;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience;
- Have a valid driver’s license;
- Be bilingual: Inuktitut-English, Inuktitut-French or English-French;
- Practical computer knowledge;
- Be reliable, autonomous, possess a great sense of initiative and communication skills and be willing to travel in all Nunavik.
- Work schedule and place of work: 6-3 rotation schedule: 6 weeks working in the Northern Villages, followed by 3 weeks paid leave (52.5 hours weekly);
- Work schedule and place of work: 4-2 rotation schedule: 4 weeks working in the Northern Villages, followed by 2 weeks paid leave (52.5 hours weekly);
Place of work: Nunavik (Quebec)
Salary: Min. $33,103 - Max. $55,722 a year (Class 7)
Other benefits: lodging and boarding when traveling in other communities paid by the Employer, meal and incidental expenses, group insurance, RRSP, etc.
Please submit your résumé in English before 5:00 p.m., on May 12, 2013, to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq QC J0M 1C0
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.