TEMPORARY POSITION - 12 months
APPLY BEFORE: JUNE 24, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
NATURE OF THE POSTION
Reporting to the Director General, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for planning, organising, coordinating and managing all functions and activities in the fields of human resources, labour relations and payroll. The Director of Human Resources coordinates the administrative follow-up of employee files and the development of policies and procedures. The Director of Human Resources coordinates and participates in collective agreement negotiations.
- Supervise all Human Resources and Payroll staff;
- Plan, organise and manage the activities of the Human Resources and Payroll sections;
- Participate in the planification, deployment and management of the Sections’ financial resources, including budget preparation and follow-up;
- Ensure that management employees are properly advised concerning the administration and interpretation of applicable collective agreements or working conditions and other facets of labour relations;
- Coordinate employee hiring and selection process and procedure;
- Coordinate the management of Insurance, RRSP and CSST files;
- Ensure that the contracts and working conditions of new employees comply with applicable agreements;
- Elaborate and update the organization’s human resources policies and procedures;
- Supervise the application of the job evaluation and pay equity and pay relativity processes;
- Coordinate and play an active role in collective agreement negotiations and in the elaboration of the working conditions applicable to management employees;
- Coordinate training activities and oversee the application of Bill 90;
- Coordinate and supervise recruitment, remuneration and staffing functions and activities;
- Perform any other duties requested by the Treasurer.
- University degree in a related field;
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience;
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Be able to communicate orally and in writing in two of the following languages: English and French and Inuktitut;
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq, Quebec
Salary: As is applicable to Management employees
Benefits*: CLD, Food cargo, Annual leave trips, RRSP, etc.
Please submit your application before 5:00 p.m., June 24, 2013:
Human Resources Department
Kativik Regional Government
Kuujjuaq (Quebec) J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the Northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.