PERMANENT FULL TIME
APPLY BEFORE: JUNE 18, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Under the direction of the Department of Renewable Resources Director, the Uumajuit Program Coordinator will be responsible for;
- The implementation of the Nunavik Wildlife Protection Plan in collaboration with the Ministere des Ressource Naturelles et de la Faune (MRNF);
- The implementation of the Nunavik Aboriginal Aquatic and Ocean Management Project in collaboration with the Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO);
- Supervision of six (6) Uumajuit Wardens and eight(8) Uumajuit Technicians in the communities including but not limited to the following tasks;
- Schedule work and patrols;
- Review, verify and summarize weekly and patrol reports prepared by the wardens and technicians and produce the requested reports to MRNF and DFO;
- Compile and update their weekly harvest statistics;
- Organize training and mentoring courses for the wardens and technicians;
- Ensure that the equipment required by wardens and technicians are in good working condition and keep an up to date inventory.
- Provide information on the Nunavik Wildlife Protection Plan and Aboriginal Aquatic and Ocean Management Program and participate in community consultations;
- Ensure Liaison and Co-ordination between, the KRG, DFO, MRNF, Makivik Corporation, Nunavik Hunting, Fishing and Trapping Association and Nunavik communities, in the implementation of the Uumajuit Program.
- Doing other related duties as requested by his supervisor.
- Have completed at least Secondary 5 or equivalent;
- At least two years management or administration experience;
- Have at least three years experience in wildlife protection, fisheries conservation or equivalent;
- Have demonstrated experience in renewable resource harvesting, hunting, fishing, trapping and traditional land skills;
- Be of sound moral character;
- Never have been found guilty of, or pleaded guilty to, an offence under the Criminal Code;
- Be willing to undergo training;
- Be available to undertake patrols and to travel within Nunavik;
- Be fluent in Inuktitut and English or French;
Place of work: Nunavik
Salary: Minimum $45 341/year; maximum $ 62 344/year.
Other benefits: cost of living differential, food allowance, annual leave trips, group insurance, RRSP, etc.
Please submit your résumébefore June 18, 2013 at 5:00 o’clock to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq QC J0M 1C0
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.