PERMANENT FULL TIME
APPLY BEFORE: JUNE 18, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Sustainable Employment Department Assistant Director, the General Accountant’s duties and responsibilities will include, without being limited to:
- Prepare worksheets and data analysis concerning the childcare centres;
- Ensure proper accounting coding ;
- Provide follow up on purchase orders, travel requests and travel reimbursements;
- Prepare of monthly and quarterly financial and activity reports;
- Preparation and follow up on reports and financial statements required by various agreements or as required by KRG;
- Ensure follow up on the annual financial statements and monthly occupation reports of the childcare centres;
- Prepare the monthly payment schedule for the childcare centres;
- Receive and compiled complaints and proceed to the appropriate follow up;
- Process the requirement for criminal record checks, follow up and annual update;
- Assist in the coordination of inspection reports and appropriate follow-up;
- Follow up on procedures for issuance and renewal of childcare centres permits;
- Perform general filing and archives management;
- Perform other related duties, as required, by the Supervisor.
- College degree in business administration or in a related field (work experience can compensate for lack of a degree);
- Three (3) years experience in accounting or administration;
- Good computer skills;
- Write and speak at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English or French (working knowledge of Inuktitut is a definite asset);
- Being reliable, conscientious and able to work without close supervision in a team environment.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Min. $37,813 yearly - max. $64 310 yearly (E8)
- Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8 012/year
- Food allowance: Minimum of $2 035/year
- Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
- RRSP: 6% employer, 4% employee
- Group Insurance
- Vacation: 20 days
- Statutory Holidays: 18 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your résumé before 5:00pm, June 18, 2013 to:
Human Resources Advisor
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq, Quebec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.