TEMPORARY - PART-TIME POSITION
APPLY BEFORE: JULY 2, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of the Renewable Resources, Environment, Lands and Parks Department, the liaison officer is mainly responsible for participating in the development of Parc national Tursujuq and sharing related information with the general public. More specifically, the duties of the liaison officer include:
- Acting as a contact person for the KRG, the Community and the General Public to provide information on the park development
- Share information regarding the development of provincial parks in Nunavik with the general public;
- Maintain an inventory of park equipment and supplies
- Once the park is created maintain a registry of visitors and provide information.
- Assist in the organization and with the meetings of the Park Harmonization Committee.
- Participate in visits to infrastructures already existing in the park area.
- Contribute to the preparation of environmental resource inventories;
- Identify Inuit training needs;
- Perform any other task related to this project as requested by the supervisor.
- Possess a Secondary V diploma;
- Possess work experience in communications or interaction with the community;
- Possess thorough knowledge of local organizations and their mandates;
- Have a good relationship with the general public;
- Possess thorough knowledge of the area and the bio-physical environment;
- Be interested in ecology, environmental protection (protected areas and park creation), traditional ecological knowledge, etc.;
- Be able to work as a member of a team;
- Ability to prepare reports;
- Be bilingual (Inuktitut-French or Inuktitut-English);
- Be willing to travel in Nunavik and to southern Québec.
Place of work: Umiujaq
Duration of contract: 6 months
Basic Salary: Min. $26 227– Max. $39 808 yearly (28 hrs/week) Class 3
Other benefits: Cost of living differential, food allowance, annual leave trips, Collective insurance, RRSP, etc.
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m., July 2, 2013 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq QC J0M 1C0
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the Northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.