APPLY BEFORE: JULY 16, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of Network Operations, the Network Administrator and Video Conference Administrator Trainee will learn to support and maintains KRG’s satellite and local distribution networks. The Network Administrator Trainee will also learn about the design, implementation and support of video conferencing and video streaming services and will assist with the implementation of other network services. This position will require an individual who has an aptitude for Internet networking, has a positive attitude, is punctual and has a very good work ethic. This position will be based in Kuujjuaq and is open to beneficiaries of the JBNQA only.
A Trainee is an Inuk who is hired to acquire and develop skills and knowledge related to a permanent position and will be eventually able to handle the responsibilities related to the position after his/her training period.
Initial tasks will be simple but the trainee will be expected to learn on the job and eventually advance to become a fully qualified Network and Video Conference Administrator.
- Inventory tracking and stock management;
- Data entry into configuration management system;
- Filing and Tracking of equipment sent for repairs with vendors;
- Basic configuration of monitoring system;
- Shipping and receiving of network infrastructure equipment;
- Level 1 incident response such as opening, closing and following up on incident tickets.
- Basic configuration and troubleshooting of IP devices;
- Basic configuration and troubleshooting satellite and last mile RF devices;
- Basic configuration and troubleshooting of videoconference devices;
- TCP/IP and RF network theory training foundation;
- On-call rotations for afterhours incident response;
- All year 1 tasks listed above.
Year 3 and subsequent years
- Maintain and configure devices related to satellite networking. This includes satellite modems, SSPAs, Cisco routers, Allot bandwidth shapers and TCP accelerators;
- Support a video conferencing service over the existing satellite network;
- Support a video streaming broadcasting service for special events;
- Maintain, configure and install devices related to a wireless broadband Internet Service and wireless LAN;
- Provide level 2 support to customer service representatives for network related issues;
- Ensure proper documentation of all systems related network activities and infrastructure;
- Assist with the management of the Internet service billing system;
- Assist Tamaani Internet customers with web streaming and web conferencing applications and projects;
- Advise the Senior Network Administrator and Network Operations Coordinator on infrastructure changes and future requirements;
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the direct supervisor;
- All year 1 and year 2 tasks listed above.
- Minimum secondary 4 mathematics course;
- Prior experience working in technology field an asset;
- High school diploma or DEC in technology an asset;
- Aptitude for computer related work ;
PERSONAL QUALITIES / ABILITIES:
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to transfer his/her knowledge to others;
- Strong focus on positive attitude and customer service oriented personality;
- Punctuality is absolutely essential;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be bilingual (Inuktitut-English, Inuktitut-French or English-French);
- Must be available to work overtime, outside office hours including middle-of-the-night occasionally ;
- Must be available to carry a pager one week out of three and respond to emergencies 24 hours/day.
- Must be able to travel occasionally and, for emergencies, with little notice.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Min. $43,285 a year, Max. $74,098 a year (E-9)
- Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8,012/year
- Food allowance: Minimum of $2 035/year
- Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
- RRSP: 6% employer, 4% employee
- Group Insurance
- Vacation: 20 days
- Statutory Holidays: 19 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m., July 16, 2013 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq, Québec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the Northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.