APPLY BEFORE: JULY 31, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Assistant Director - Programs of the Sustainable Department and working closely with the other employees of the Program section, the selected candidate is responsible for, among other things to:
- Estimate training needs in the region and develop activities and training courses to meet those needs;
- Promote training programs in the region, work closely with concerned organizations, and help employers develop their project and training plans;
- Assess and recommend pertinent projects and training courses, monitor the activities and financial aspects and provide evaluations on the project results;
- Keep informed about the various programs and projects related to employment and training, and transmit the information to employees involved;
- Prepare various reports and financial statements as needed over the year and at the end of the fiscal year, providing the necessary documentation for the annual report;
- Perform other related duties, as required, by his supervisors.
- University degree in a related discipline (administration, education or community development). Exceptional relevant work experience will also be considered;
- Minimum of five years of related experience (social and economic development, training experiences, project management, etc.);
- Have good working knowledge of criteria and management of all federal and provincial employment programs;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in two of the following languages: English, French and Inuktitut;
- Be able to work in a computerized environment.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Min. $37,813 yearly – Max. $64,310 a year (Class 8)
- Cost-of-living differential: minimum $8,012 annually.
- Food allowance: minimum $2,035 annually.
- Annual leave allowance: minimum 3.
- Group insurance.
- Vacation: 20 days annually.
- Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 during the Christmas period
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m., July 31, 2013 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq Quebec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.