APPLY BEFORE: SEPTEMBER 17, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
The Victims Support Agent will be under the administrative supervision of the Assistant Director – Socio-Judicial Services of the KRG Legal and Municipal Management Department. The responsibilities and duties of the Victims Support Agent will include, without being limited to:
- Inform victims and their families of their rights, the remedies available to them and the judicial process;
- Assist and accompany the victims and their families through the judicial process;
- Provide the victims and their families with technical assistance (IVAC, CSST, SAAQ, etc.);
- Guide and refer the clientele to specialized resources;
- Take part in activities to promote the services offered by the Nunavik Crime Victims Assistance Centre – Sapumijiit;
- Attend itinerant court sessions in communities of assignation;
- Work jointly with a number of other partners, including those in the sectors of education, justice, public security, health and social services and women’s shelters;
- Travel to other communities to meet clients and work with the other Victims Support Agents;
- Perform other related duties, as required, by the Supervisor;
- Develop community projects to promote social integration and Inuit values;
- Be an influent resource and a responsible citizen within his community.
- Have completed Secondary V, although relevant work experience will also be considered
- Be Inuit (according to the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement);
- Ability to assist and support other people;
- Reliable, resourceful, have initiative and possess strong communication skills (oral and written);
- Able to work in collaboration with team-mates;
- Good moral character;
- Bilingual: Inuktitut-English, French an asset;
- Willing to travel regularly in the region;
- Willing to receive training as determined by the KRG and Justice Québec and travel for such purposes in and outside the region.
*Applicants must submit to a background check.
Place of work: Puvirnituq
Salary: Min: $33,103/yearly – Max: $55,722/yearly (Class 7)
- Cost of living differential: Minimum of $9 457/year
- Food allowance: Minimum of $4 514/year
- Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
- RRSP: 6% employer, 4% employee
- Group Insurance
- Vacation: 20 days
- Statutory Holidays: 19 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m., September 17, 2013 to:
Kativik Regional Government,
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq, Québec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the Northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.