Permanent Seasonal (7 months yearly)
APPLY BEFORE: SEPTEMBER 26, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Airport Operations Coordinator of the Transportation Department, and working closely with the other staff members, and responsibilities will include, without being limited to:
- act as heavy equipment operator on various heavy equipment such as trucks, snow blowers, snow plows, pay loaders, graders, compactors etc., used for airport and airport access road summer and winter maintenance;
- remove snow from runway, taxiway and apron according to Transport Canada standards;
- do minor repairs and daily checks on the airport machinery;
- assist the KRG mechanics or other mechanics when they work on the machinery;
- keep the garage clean and free of debris;
- do minor repair works on buildings, such as, but not exclusively, repair broken windows, making sure that oil level is sufficient in the heating oil reservoirs, check furnaces, adjusting doors, painting etc.;
- shovel snow around runway lights and around building entrances and garage doors;
- keep the garage clean and in good order;
- report all irregularities to the Airport Operations Coordinator, such as malfunctioning of runway lights, strobe lights, taxiway and apron lights, foreign objects on the aircraft movement areas etc.
The selected candidate must:
- possess several years of experience in the above-mentioned fields of activities or knowledge of maintenance methods of heavy equipment. Relevant work experience will also be considered;
- have a valid driver license;
- shall obtain a restricted radio operator’s certificate;
- can write and speak at least two of the following languages: English, French or Inuktitut (working knowledge of Inuktitut is a definite asset);
Place of work: Kuujjuarapik, Nunavik
Salary: Minimum $18,220/year; maximum $30,178/year
Other benefits:Cost of living differential, food allowance, annual leave trips, Collective insurance, etc.
Please forward your résumé before 5 P.M., September 26, 2013:
Human Resources Advisor
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq, Quebec J0M 1C0 Fax: (819) 964-2975
KRG is an equal opportunity employer. With respect to this criteria and the provisions of the JBNQA, the KRG can modify its employment conditions in order to promote the hiring of Inuit.