APPLY BEFORE: OCTOBER 15th, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Communications Coordinator, the Junior Communications Officer will gather information regarding the department’s internal and external communication plans and activities and lend assistance to departments for their public relations needs. More specifically, the Junior Communications Officer will:
- Participate in the drafting and implementation of departmental internal and external communication plans;
- Identify and implement communication activities aimed at increasing KRG’s visibility and brand recognition;
- Draft various documents such as briefing notes, press releases, information releases and other internal documents;
- Assist in ensuring the uniformity and cohesion of departmental communications in accordance with the KRG’s overall’s communications strategy and brand;
- Liaise with media, prepare integrated media plans and coordinate interviews for Department Directors and other identified messengers;
- Proceed with regular updates on the KRG website, KRG intranet and social media outlets;
- Provide communication support for external events;
- Perform any other related tasks as assigned by the Communication Coordinator.
Bachelor Degree in Communications, Political Science, or Public administration;
A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in communications, public relations, public administration, or an acceptable combination of education and experience;
Fluent (spoken and written) in two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English, French;
Excellent English writing skills;
Capacity to understand and manage situations that develop and change quickly and to synthesize relevant information;
Detail and results oriented, well organized and able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines;
Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills;
Familiar with various software packages and office equipment;
Must be willing to travel on occasion.
Place of work:
Min: $33,103 yearly – Max: $55,722 yearly (E7)
Cost of living differential, food allowance, annual leave trips, Collective insurance, RRSP, etc.
Please send your résumé before 5:00 p.m., October 15 , 2013 to:
Human Resources Advisor
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq, Québec JOM 1CO
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the collective agreement for the CSN unionized employees, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only selected candidates for interviews will receive a written response.