APPLY BEFORE: OCTOBER 16th, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Under the supervision of the Director of the Renewable Resources, Environmental and Land Use Planning Department, the Assistant Director, Parks Operations will, as set out in the KRG mandates and yearly objectives; work with the Parks Directors in managing the coordination and delivery of parks operations, activities and services/programs; provide guidance to the Marketing, Conservation and Education Specialists, including developing and implementing innovative approaches to the unique Nunavik Parks and ensure the implementation of consistent procedures and standards, viewing Nunavik Parks from a “network perspective”. Specific duties shall include, but not be limited to:
- Plan, supervise and coordinate the activities of staff involved in the operations of Nunavik Parks, including those involved in implementing Business Plans, Conservation Plans and Educations Plans;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to parks operations;
- Formulate priorities, schedules and work plans, realizing both short and long-term objectives relating to park protection, development and use, and the delivery and practice of recreation activities, educational activities, protection of both the natural and cultural environments, and other related activities;
- Responsible for the planning, deployment and management of financial resources, including budget preparation and reporting;
- Administer Park Infrastructure Programs, in accordance with the respective agreements;
- Establish effective internal and external communications, including contacts with local and regional stakeholders and partners involved in providing park activities and services;
- Liaise, as required, with the Assistant Directors, Lands & Environment and Renewable Resources on matters including the environment, land use and park planning;
- Perform other related duties, as required, by the Department Director.
The selected candidate must:
- Have a university degree in studies applicable to park operations;
- A minimum of five (5) years of management experience including parks-related experience;
- Experience in budget preparation and follow-up;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and communications skills;
- Solid team leadership experience and skills;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, French or English, trilingual is an asset;
- Experience in a cross-cultural setting is considered an asset.
The selected candidate must be willing to travel frequently in the region.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Based on the Management salary scale
Other benefits: Cost of living differential, annual leave trips, food allowance, RRSP, group insurance, etc.
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m., October 16, 2013 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq Quebec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.