TEMPORARY POSITION – MATERNITY LEAVE REPLACEMENT (12 HOURS WEEKLY)
APPLY BEFORE: NOVEMBER 6, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Local Employment officers (LEOs) Ungava Coordinator, the selected candidate is responsible for, among other things:
- providing various employment and training services to the population of Tasiujaq: employment insurance, recruitment for employment and vocational training programs, information about training opportunities;
- providing employment counselling based on the identified needs of the local clientele;
- providing old age pension services to the population of Tasiujaq: registration and follow-up;
- providing income security programs and services to the population of Tasiujaq;
- gathering statistics on the general employment situation within the region as well as on clients in the community.
- possess a Secondary V diploma; exceptional work experience will also be considered;
- have a minimum of three years administration work experience;
- be bilingual (Inuttitut-English or Inuttitut-French) and possess good oral and written communication skills;
- have working knowledge of computers;
- be reliable and resourceful;
- be willing to travel to other communities for training.
Place of work:Tasiujaq
Salary: Minimum: $17.16/hour – Maximum: $28.43/hour (Class 6)
Other benefits: Cost of living differential, annual leave trips, food allowance, RRSP, etc.
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m., November 6, 2013 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq Quebec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.