TEMPORARY MANAGEMENT POSITION/ 12 MONTHS
APPLY BEFORE: DECEMBER 2, 2013, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Supervisor - Accounting Processes analyzes department processes and procedures and recommends changes aimed at increasing the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance Department. In collaboration with the Department Director, the Supervisor Accounting Processes assists the Department in implementing changes in order to align internal processes and procedures with recommendations issued by external auditors. More specifically the Supervisor - Accounting Processes will:
- In collaboration with the Department Director, assess the department’s operational needs and review and evaluate current work processes and procedures;
- Recommend work flow processes, internal control mechanisms and work procedures aimed at aligning the department processes and procedures with recommendations included in the annual audit report;
- Elaborate documentation detailing best practices in order to increase department efficiency;
- Assist the Department Director in coordinating the implementation of new work processes and procedures with other departments;
- Validate new processes and procedures and recommend changes whenever necessary;
- Act as a specialist for all process related questions;
- Demonstrated experience in the analysis of work procedures and processes or a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or in a related field;
- Experience in an accounting/finance role in a municipal setting;
- Proven experience in project or change management;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups;
- Committed to meeting deadlines and achieve goals;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of Sage Accpac and Ceridian considered an asset;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English, French.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: As per applicable management working conditions.
Benefits: - Cost-of-living differential: minimum $8,012 annually.
- Food allowance: minimum $2,035 annually.
- Annual leave trips: minimum 3.
- Group insurance.
- Vacation: 30 days annually.
- Statutory holidays:19 days including 10 during the Christmas period.
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m., December 2, 2013 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9,
Kuujjuaq, Quebec, JOM 1CO
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.