PERMANENT/FULL TIME POSITION
APPLY BEFORE: FEBRUARY 7, 2014, 5:00 P.M.
Under the supervision of the Civil Security Coordinator the Public Safety & Fire Prevention Technician is responsible for the following duties:
- Develop, promote and deliver public safety and fire prevention programs to the communities;
- Educate, promote, interpret and enforce applicable fire safety codes and legislation;
- Verify the inspection and testing of fire protection systems in public buildings and major occupancies;
- Conduct fire investigations and prepare and maintain related reports;
- Elaborate, in collaboration with municipal fire brigades, intervention plans for different buildings as demanded by the Nunavik Fire Safety Cover plan;
- Provide technical support and training for municipal firefighters;
- Perform any other related duties as required.
The selected candidate must :
- Possess post secondary education in Fire Prevention;
- Have a minimum of two years related experience;
- Have the ability to interpret building plans and understand construction details;
- Have an in depth knowledge of Building and Fire Codes and a good understanding of relevant computer software applications;
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills and commitment to customer service excellence;
- Have the ability to communicate orally and in writing in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French;
- Be willing to travel frequently in Nunavik;
Place of work:
Minimum: $44,367/year - maximum: $75,950/ year, Class 9
Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8 252/year
Food allowance: Minimum of $2 036/year
Annual leave trips
RRSP: 6% employer, 4% employee
Vacation: 20 days
Statutory Holidays: 19 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your résumé before 5 p.m. on February 7, 2014 to:
Human Resources Department
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
FAX: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.