Temporary – one (1) year leave replacement
APPLY BEFORE: JANUARY 30, 2014, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Director General, the Director of the Recreation Department is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, coordinating and managing all functions and activities related to recreation programs, services, projects and activities within Nunavik. More specifically the Recreation Department Director will:
- Plan, supervise and coordinate the departmental staff and activities;
- Manage the financial resources of the Department including budget preparation and follow-up;
- Oversee the negotiation and application of federal and provincial agreements, as well as other funding agreements related to the Department’s activities;
- Maintain communication among various stakeholders and with the general public;
- Supervise the technical assistance provided to Northern Villages in the areas of sports and recreation;
- Supervise all regional recreational activities and programs for which the Department is responsible (Arctic Winter Games, CIRQINIQ, SMART (Karate) program, Nunavik kite-ski, etc.);
- Act as a representative of the KRG for matters related to the Department’s mandate;
- Prepare and implement annual objectives for the Department and prepare long term planning;
- Evaluate and renew yearly Plan of action;
- Implement mechanisms to measure and report on the Department’s performance;
- Establish and maintain communication between the Department and other organizations, where applicable;
- Promote the development of recreational activities within Nunavik;
- Develop programs intended to stimulate recreation activities within the region and implement and supervise the delivery of these programs;
- University degree in a related field, exceptional relevant work experience will also be considered;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience;
- Written and oral working knowledge of at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French;
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent decision making and communication skills.
Place of work:
As per applicable management working conditions
Cost of living differential, annual leave trips, cargo allowance, RRSP, group insurance, 30 days of vacation plus 2 weeks of Christmas holidays, sick leave, etc.
Please submit your résumé before 5:00 p.m. on January 30, 2014 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq (Québec) J0M 1C0
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.