PERMANENT/FULL TIME POSITION
APPLY BEFORE: MAY 8, 2014, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Coordinator Operations of the Transportation Department and working closely with the other staff members, the Maintainer will have the following responsibilities, without being limited:
- Act as heavy equipment operator on various heavy equipment such as trucks, snow blowers, snow plows, pay loaders, graders, compactors etc., used for airport and airport access road summer and winter maintenance;
- Remove snow from runway, taxiway and apron according to Transport Canada standards;
- Execute minor repairs and daily checks on the airport machinery;
- Assist the KRG mechanics or other mechanics when they work on the machinery;
- to keep the garage clean and free of debris;
- Execute minor repair works on buildings, such as, but not exclusively, repair broken windows, making sure that oil level is sufficient in the heating oil reservoirs, check furnaces, adjusting doors, painting etc.;
- Shovel snow around runway lights and around building entrances and garage doors;
- Keep the garage clean and in good order;
- Report all irregularities to the airport Observer/Communicator, as example malfunctioning of runway lights, strobe lights, taxiway and apron lights, foreign objects on the aircraft movement areas etc.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the above-mentioned fields of activities or knowledge of maintenance methods of heavy equipment. Relevant work experience will also be considered;
- Have a valid driver license;
- Shall obtain a restricted radio operator’s certificate;
- Ability to write and speak at least two of the following languages: English, French or Inuktitut (working knowledge of Inuktitut is a definite asset);
Min.: $31 235 yearly – Max. $51 734 yearly (E -6)
- Cost of living differential: Minimum of $11 489/year
- Food allowance: Minimum of $3 387/year
- Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
- RRSP: 6% employer, 4% employee
- Group Insurance
- Vacation: 20 days/year
- Statutory Holidays: 18 days
Please submit your resume before 5 o’clock, on May 8, 2014 to:
Kativik Regional Government,
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq QC J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.