APPLY BEFORE: JULY 10, 2012 5:00 P.M.
Under the supervision of the Treasurer the Financial Analyst will provide operational and analytical support to the global cash management function of the Treasury. This position’s responsibilities involve working with cash management and other treasury accounts as to perform activities, analysis and reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts affecting the treasury system.
The duties of the Financial Analyst - Treasury includes, without being limited to:
- Manage daily cash activity, cash reconciliations, maintain the relevant general ledger accounts and perform electronic funds transfers;
- Manage banking activities reports including analyzing bank balances and service fees;
- Coordinate with banks on account services, fees, upgrades, documentation, integration and troubleshooting;
- Manage the program of corporate credit cards;
- Prepare and reconcile debt schedules to balance sheet;
- Prepare follow-up analyzes for long-term debt and grants receivable and monitor the long-term debt disbursements;
- Maintain and update Capital Assets records as per the capitalization and depreciation policy and procedures;
- Monitor work in progress(WIP) accounts and follow up with project managers on completion status and transfer WIP to fixed assets upon completion;
- Record and follow up on Revenues from grants and others including year-end analysis and balance sheet schedules preparation of Deferred and Accrual Revenues;
- Follow up on Leases;
- Compile, review, analyze, reconcile financial information to the general ledger, including payments related balances, and complete monthly closings;
- Prepare variance analysis and supporting schedules on affected accounts;
- Produce various financial reports, statistics and indicators for treasury service and other services;
- Participate in year-end audits and other reporting processes;
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned by the Treasurer.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related fields;
- A minimum of five (5) years work experience in finance or accounting;
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills with problem solving orientation
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills;
- Strong commitment to meet deadlines and achieve goals;
- Hands-on approach and autonomous;
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint and database management;
- Experience in a treasury related function and use of SAGE Accpac software are an asset;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in two (2) of the following languages: English, French and Inuttitut (being trilingual is an asset).
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Minimum: $ 57 815; Maximum: $ 79 495
*Benefits: Cost of living differential: Minimum of $7 779/year
- Food allowance: Minimum of $2 035/year
- Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
- Group Insurance
- Vacation: 30 days
- Statutory Holidays: 18 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m., July 10, 2012 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq, Québec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the Northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.