APPLY BEFORE: AUGUST 2, 2012 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Director, Finance and Accounting Services, the Accounting Manager is responsible to supervise the general accounting team and daily operations. The incumbent takes necessary measures to produce regular financial information in compliance with the accounting standards and needs of the organization. The Accounting Manager works in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- The duties of the Accounting Manager include, without being limited to:
- Monitor accounting activities, ensuring that all administrative and accounting related procedures and controls are observed and that assigned tasks are completed;
- Work with the Director, Finance and Accounting Services to enhance and communicate internal controls and procedures;
- Review and approve journal entries;
- Ensure proper documentation of all transactions;
- Draft reports and financial information in a timely manner;
- Manage the chart of accounts for each entity of the KRG;
- Manage, organize, control, and evaluate the work of employees;
- Provide training and coaching;
- Review accounting practices, procedures and systems; propose improvement solutions to meet the organization’s needs, and coordinate their implementation;
- Oversee the monthly and year-end accounting procedures, ensure the accurate completion of accounting records and other reporting processes;
- Participate in the implementation of various projects in the accounting sector;
- Perform other related duties, as requested, by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration (relevant work experience will also be considered);
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in financial accounting and management including two (2) years of staff supervision in a unionized and multicultural environment;
- Sound knowledge of the accounting cycle;
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to follow policies and procedures and participate in their improvement;
- Knowledge of internal control systems;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Sage Accpacc and Ceridian considered an asset;
- Good oral and written communication skills in at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuttitut, English, French.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Minimum: $60 846/year; maximum: $83 663/year
- Cost of living differential: Minimum of $7 779/year
- Food allowance: Minimum of $2 035/year
- Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
- Group Insurance
- Vacation: 30 days
- Statutory Holidays: 18 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your resume before August 2, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9,
Kuujjuaq, Quebec, JOM 1CO
Fax: (819) 964-2975
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the Northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.