PERMANENT/PART-TIME 20 HOURS WEEKLY
APPLY BEFORE: November 15, 2012 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Local Employment officers (LEOs) Ungava Co-ordinator, the selected candidate is responsible for, among other things:
- provide various employment and training services to the population of Quaqtaq: employment insurance, recruitment for employment and vocational training programs, information about training opportunities;
- provide employment counselling based on the identified needs of the local clientele;
- provide old age pension services to the population of Quaqtaq: registration and follow-up;
- provide income security programs and services to the population of Quaqtaq;
- gather statistics on the general employment situation within the region as well as on clients in the community;
- Perform other related duties, as required, by the Supervisor.
- Secondary V diploma, although work experience will also be considered;
- Minimum of three (3) years administration work experience;
- Bilingual (Inuktitut-English or Inuktitut-French) and possess good oral and written communication skills;
- Good knowledge of computers;
- Reliable and resourceful;
- Available to travel, when necessary, to other communities for training.
Place of work: Quaqtaq, Quebec.
Salary: Between $15 950 and $25 847/year (E5) based on 1040 hours annually
Other benefits: Cost of living differential , annual leave trips, cargo allowance, RRSP, group insurance, 20 days annual leave plus two-week Christmas holiday, sick leave, etc.(calculated on a pro rata basis)
Forward your résumé before November 15, 2012, 5 p.m., to:
Human Resources Advisor
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq QC J0M 1C0
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.