Permanent Full-Time Position
Apply Before: December 4, 2012, 5:00 P.M.
Reporting to the Director of the Municipal Public Works Department and working closely with the other employees of the Department, the duties and responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Supervise the preparation of studies, plans and specifications for projects (water plant upgrades);
- Obtain all the authorizations required from the appropriate organizations and government departments for the implementation of the projects;
- Plan and manage the implementation of projects with local resources and labour, or with external resources;
- Ensure that funding is spent in accordance with the applicable rules and standards, and that budgets are followed;
- Provide technical assistance to the Northern villages in the field of drinkable water quality and water plant operation;
- Implement a telemetry system between the water plants and the KRG office;
- Perform any other related duties as required by their supervisor.
- University degree in Civil, Water Engineering or a related field, and at least two (2) years of relevant experience;
- Municipal project management experience is an asset;
- Project site experience (meetings, inspections, etc.);
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) in two of the following languages: English, French or Inuktitut;
- Available to travel in Nunavik;
- Adaptability, resourcefulness and capacity for teamwork are prerequisites;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq, Québec
Starting date: January 2013
Salary: Minimum of $43,476/year and maximum of $74,597/year (E-10)
- Cost of living differential: minimum of $7,477/year
- Food allowance: minimum of $2,035/year
- Annual leave trips: minimum of three
- RRSP: 6% employer, 4% employee
- Group insurance
- Vacation: 20 days/year
- Statutory holidays: 18 days including 10 days over the Christmas holidays
Please send your résumé in English and cover letter before 5:00 p.m., on December 4, 2012, to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq QC J0M 1C0
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the Northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to Northern benefits for his/her spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.