1 FULL-TIME POSITION
APPLY BEFORE: DECEMBER 11, 2012
Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Operations, the Intelligence Officer will uphold the peace, order and public security on the territory of Nunavik; including, without being limited to the following:
- Manages the system of informants of the KRPF;
- Ensures the confidentiality of exchanges with informants;
- Identifies the sources holding information sought by the KRPF, as well as the means to obtain it;
- Analyses all information collected by the KRPF;
- Determines the difficulties that may encountered in various operations;
- Proceeds to the validation and integration of collected information;
- Provides coaching and support to all members of the KRPF in the field of drug investigations and the writing warrants;
- Produces annually, or at the request of his supervisor, a status report describing the various existing and emerging criminal phenomena on the territory served by the KRPF and classifies them according to the severity of their impact on the community;
- Proposes annually, or as needed, and continuously updates a strategic and tactical action plan identifying concrete measures aimed at eliminating, or reducing, the negative impacts of the identified phenomena;
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with all partners in the field of law enforcement and, in particular, with other intelligence agencies;
- When required, participates in police operations such as criminal investigations or emergency situations;
- Attends all training as required by his supervisor;
- Performs any other related duties as required by his supervisor.
The selected candidate must:
- possess a diploma from the École Nationale de Police du Québec or equivalent.
- have a minimum of 3 year experience as a Police Officer with the KRPF.
- be available to travel within Nunavik and outside of Nunavik.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Basic Salary: As per the collective agreement
Other benefits: Cost of living differential, food allowance, annual trips, collective insurance, RRSP, etc
Please send your application before December 11, 2012 to:
Human Resources Advisor
Kativik Regional Government
Tél: (819) 964-2961
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the JBNQA, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.