PERMANENT, FULL-TIME POSITION
APPLY BEFORE: DECEMBER 12, 2012 5:00 P.M.
(This Position is reserved for an Inuk under the Positive Action Program)
The Community Reintegration Officer will be under the professional supervision of a Probation Officer of the Québec Correctional Services and the administrative supervision of the Assistant Director – Socio-Judicial Services of the KRG Legal and Municipal Management Department.
- Develop community projects to promote social integration and Inuit values;
- Be an influent resource and a responsible citizen within his community;
- Assist and inform client-offenders on probation supervision, parole, community work orders, conditional sentence orders or temporary absence programs;
- Act as a liaison officer between the community and client‑offenders in order to develop adapted reintegration interventions;
- Attend itinerant court sessions in communities of assignation;
- Act as a liaison officer with the Correctional Services (Ministry of Public Security) and the judicial system in order to promote understanding of Inuit needs and values;
- Record all required information in accordance with the Correctional Services policies and forms;
- Travel to other communities to meet clients and work with the other Community Reintegration Officers;
- Perform any other duties related to her/his work as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Secondary V diploma, although relevant work experience will also be considered;
- Ability to assist and support other people;
- Reliable, resourceful, have initiative and possess strong communication skills (oral and written);
- Able to work in collaboration with team-mates;
- Good moral character;
- Bilingual: Inuktitut-English, French is an asset;
- Willing to travel regularly in the region;
- Willing to receive training as determined by the KRG and Correctional Services and travel for such purposes in and outside the region.
*Applicants must submit to a background check and cannot have a criminal record to hold this position.
Place of work: Inukjuak or Kuujjuaraapik
Salary: Min: $31,347/yearly – Max: $52,767/yearly (Class 7)
Benefits: Cost of living differential, annual leave trips, food allowance, RRSP, group insurance, vacation, sick leave, etc.
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m., December 12, 2012 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq (Quebec) J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.