SPECIAL PROJECT POSITION (5 months-35 hours per week)
APPLY BEFORE: JANUARY 14, 2013 5:00 P.M
Under the supervision of the Legal, Socio-Judicial and Municipal Management Department Director and in collaboration with the Project Manager for the Coordination of the Regional Round-Table on Off-Highway Vehicles (OHVs) in Nunavik, the Information Agent is responsible for the following duties:
- Participate in the Big OHVs Tour - A tour of the 14 Northern Villages of Nunavik from end of January to end of May 2013 in the framework of the Prevention and Awareness Campaign on OHV’s safety in Nunavik;
- In collaboration with the Project Manager and other partners, participate to the preparation, organization and animation of workshops, activities and events to be offered to Nunavimmiut during the Big OHVs Tour (most events will take place in schools of the region with youth);
- Provide information on OHVs safety to the Nunavik population on local FM and regional radios;
- Act as a resource person to all of the 14 Northern Villages of Nunavik concerning the use of OHVs;
- Assist the Project Manager in the collection of data and material (images, sounds, pictures) during the Big OHVs Tour.
- Diploma of secondary studies, although relevant work experience will also be considered;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written in English and Inuttitut;
- Interpretation skills will be considered as an asset;
- Excellent summarization and popularization skills;
- Be resourceful, organized and reliable;
- Practical knowledge of video, pictures and sound recording;
- Be ready to provide information on local FM and regional radios;
- Be ready to travel to the 14 beautiful Northern Villages of Nunavik - A once in a lifetime !!!
Place of work:Nunavik (the candidate may be from any community)
Salary: Min : 27 911$ Max 45 232$
Please submit your résumé before 5:00 p.m. Friday, January 14, 2013 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq (Québec) J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2619
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer, consequently modifications may apply to the above qualifications in order to promote the hiring of Inuit. Only candidates selected for interviews will receive a response.